Saturday, January 26, 2008

FREE T-SHIRT DAY!!!!

Somehow my post on psychos suing Ed turned into a chest thumping poop throwing contest. Thought about joining in, as Ed and Orac are completely wrong about atheistic activities and the importance of demonstrating to children that the Bible is not magic (which has only increased, in the past year).

However, Orac is completely
right about us being a breath away from Blog Wars III, so Ill stand by my last years post and move on. So whats the best way to distract a group of brawling guys?

FREE T-SHIRT DAY!!!!


The Evilutionary Biologist
and I did a T-shirt exchange-- This is what I got!



He will have to give you the back-story on it-- evidently there is a store in NYC devoted to evilution!


Then I got a free T-shirt in the mail yesterday from Promega. It came vacuum sealed into this 3"x3"x0.5" square. I think its kinda clever for a free t-shirt-- the simple comment 'Today could be the day' epitimizes my story from a couple of days ago. Why the hell would I put myself through 8 months of torture? Day after day, slamming my head against a brick wall, trying anything and everything to get an assay to work, only to get negative results. Why would anyone do this to themselves? Because 'today could be the day'-- the rush you get from great data makes all kinds of self-inflicted mental torture worth it.




I think I need to wash/iron it before I wear it outside, though. Vacuum cube = crazy wrinkly shirt.

Evilutionary Biologist has his post up-- I so want wanna those for myself!

7 comments:

Unsympathetic reader said...

"Why the hell would I put myself through 8 months of torture? Day after day, slamming my head against a brick wall, trying anything and everything to get an assay to work, only to get negative results. Why would anyone do this to themselves?"

One essential trait of a grad student is sheer bloody-mindedness. Do you remember the scene in Kill Bill Vol. 2 where Uma learns to do a short punch through wood? It's like that.

Travis said...

The Evolution Store is definitely going to be one of my stops when I visit New York in March.

http://www.evolutionnyc.com/

John Dennehy said...

Nice! I posted a pic too.

Check it out

http://tinyurl.com/yq3wj2

Anonomouse said...

What!? You're a girl!

But you write like a Doood.

:)

Anonymous said...

hey...nice, uh, lettering :0

Anonymous said...

You should soak the shirts in water first, before you attempt to open the package as they can easily tear if you do not.

Saint Onan said...

That message...
On that T-shirt...
On that grrl...

Must be the cruellest tantalising I've ever been subjected to.