Saturday, September 22, 2007

The Woo of ERV

From time to time I get email from people wondering why I have my Zodiac signs on my Blogger profile*. There is an easy answer to this: Blogger sucks. Ever since I put my birth date in my profile, the Zodiac just popped up, and I cant figure out how to turn it off.

While I think Zodiac signs are fun (the Chinese post docs I have worked with thought it was hysterical Im a boar-- Im always the one demanding cookies/brownies/etc at journal clubs and lab meetings), no, I do not follow this form of woo.

Thats not to say I am woo free.

Since Jenny McCarthy is currently in the news for her autism-->indigo/crystal child nonsense, I think now is the appropriate time to admit something to you all.

I am an April Child**.

According to the Greek writer Ioannis Fourakis, a man deep in woology himself (Anti-Jew, Pro-Alien), children born in April 1983 have 'special abilities.' We are like Indigo children:

The following characteristics are said to identify Indigo children:

  1. They come into the world with a feeling of entitlement, which is often reflected by their behavior.
  2. Self esteem is a big issue; they often decide to stop talking all together when upset or stressed.
  3. They have a connection with authority and understand things that many people never could.
  4. Many times they will feel the need to add creativity to their life. (Many are musical)
  5. They often see better ways of doing things, and tend to be non-conforming.
  6. They seem antisocial unless they are with their own kind or people they can heavily trust.
  7. They are typically shy and normally always quiet unless something is brought up they disagree on.
Also:
Indigos have a warrior spirit, because their collective purpose is to mash down old systems that no longer serve us. They are here to quash government, educational, and legal systems that lack integrity. To accomplish this end, they need tempers and fiery determination.
Wow! That describes me to a T! I hate people that lack integrity!

But there is a really big difference between Indigo children and April children. April children are evil geniuses that will take over the world. And, unlike Indigo/Crystal children that got their abilities by being vaccinated, April Children are born with their superpowers. We can be identified by our creepy birthmarks. I have several birthmarks. Finding them all can be a fun game sometimes...

But I digress. What I find strange about people like Jenny, is that they are convinced their children are 'different' because they got vaccinated.
Then Oprah read a response she had received from the CDC (at least she took a stab at social responsibility by contacting the agency) that talked about the lack of scientific support for the idea that thimerosal triggers autism.

McCarthy scoffed and said, speaking of her son: "He is my science."

Jenny has said she would not vaccinate any other children she might have. So... She has this child with superpowers... But she would deny future children superpowers?

I LOVE my superpowers! I collect all the vaccinations I can get! I think they make my abilities stronger.

Btw, Jenny--
After doing some of my own research on the word Indigo, I realized not only was I an early Indigo but my son was in fact a Crystal child.
'Early' Indigo? You arent an Indigo. Youre too old. Pff wannabe.








* I get ~5 emails a week about me not using apostrophes. :P
** As Dembski would say, P-A-R-O-D-Y, lol!

9 comments:

Cath said...

You can only remove the star sign by removing your date of birth from your profile. AFAIK.

Aaron "Hawkeye" Golas said...

At least Blogger gives both the Western and Chinese zodiacs. It's equal-opportunity woo.

In general, Blogger profiles need a major overhaul.

gerald spezio said...

I was excommunicated from Moonbaby's Intersection for critically criticizing the incessant yuppie framing genius. I quoted Nisbet specifically and said that his statement would be a classic definition of propaganda and acceptable to Goebbels.
Amazingly, I cannot blog on ANY science (seed media) blogs. I have e-mailed the webmaster, a real name) with my my url as he requested.
Very petty, but after more than five days - still no action.

Kristjan Wager said...

gerald, try to raise the issue with PZ Myers - he is the biggest science blogger, and I'm pretty sure that he doesn't want other science bloggers to be able to block his commenters.

Cameron said...

An alternative to Blogger is Edublogs.org. I've found it much more useful.

gerald spezio said...

Kristjan, all this was very petty at first, and a further waste of brain cells - like anything to do with yuppie climber Nisbet.

I telephoned P Z four days ago, and he was convinced that it had to do with the "server."

quork said...

California Litereary Review has an interview with Michael Behe. They accept comments.

Joshua said...

Oh, cool! I'm a boar, too. Everybody knows we're the most skeptical of the zodiac animals.

(I can't resist recycling that old joke whenever it's appropriate...)

Anonymous said...

Please let us know when you're going to try to take over the world. I was also born in April '83, and I want in.