Sure Ive had a lot of *fun* with the ID vs ERV series, but I think it would be more helpful to have a Talk Origins-esque list of Common Creationists claims regarding endogenous retroviruses. Every time I write/find a new one, Ill link the post here.
- ERVs do not exist.
- Retroviral Insertion is not Random. Common Descent is an Illusion.
- You cant use ERVs to support common descent. Not every organism has them.
- Creationists Predicted ERV Functionality.
- Evolution didnt predict ERVs, so ERVs arent evidence for evolution.
- ERVs are functional.
- Non-functional/Harmful ERVs are _________.