Friday, May 11, 2007

May 11, 2004: Best Day Ever

I signed my soul over to David Bowie sometime in elementary school (hey, I was little, I believed in souls and magic and such-- I stand by my decision). Never thought I would be able to see him in concert. Hes like Apollo or Osiris, a god that belonged in a different time. I was born too late to witness His glory. And then, the Reality Tour.I got one of my professors to let me take a final early so I could make it to the concert. I didnt bullshit him with "My grandma is dying" "My aunt is having a baby," I just said "Prof, I have tickets to see David Bowie." That was enough for him.

I cant find a YouTube clip of 'Station to Station'-- one of my favorite songs. Bowie played it for the second time of the tour during the encore. I just started sobbing!! He is as amazing in person as you think he is. So here are a couple Reality Tour clips to celebrate the Best Day Ever.


Tyler DiPietro said...

I had a similar experience with Slayer. I had always heard about how crazy violent and intense their live performance was, but I got to see it first hand when they came to Augusta in 2004 for the "Still Reigning" tour (this was where they first debuted the act where it actually rains blood during the performance of "Raining Blood"), and oh man, it was every bit as insane as everyone says it is and then some.

Although I didn't get to go see them on the "Christ Illusion" tour. *Grumble*

Wanderin' Weeta said...

Off topic completely:

Have you seen this, Endogenous Retroviruses in the Case for Common Ancestry?

It's on Uncommon Descent, and by Dave Scot, so is likely riddled with errors.

ERVs as proof of a "Designer" (wink, wink).

DS writes "Morever a highly infectious retrovirus inserting genes that cause modification and speciation could convert entire populations into a new species in just one or several generations and at the same time cause the original species to become extinct virtually overnight."

The comments are ... interesting, too.

ERV said...

I saw that on InternetInfidels!! Im not even half way through that damn Sternberg Po-Mo paper! AAARG!

Tyler DiPietro said...

I've provided a little preliminary critique of DaveTard's latest silliness, but I'll have to leave to bio to more experienced and knowledgeable posters in that area. I just trashed his utterly specious reasoning.