Monday, April 23, 2007

Dawkins on FOX

Oh everyone and their cousin is going to have a post on this, but I just have to say that:

1-- Just like I thought, Dawkins did well. He hasnt ever said anything that has made me wince before, he didnt start tonight. Unlike certain people, Dawkins puts his money where his mouth is and enters the lions-den to reach 'non-traditional audiences.'

2-- I cant believe I didnt go to the gym for that crappy segment. Dawkins did well, but it was like 2 minutes and Bill wasnt even remotely entertaining. Boo.

5 comments:

Tyler DiPietro said...

It was singularly useless. It was basically O'Reilly blathering the typical laundry list of Christian cliches and loading his questions with false claims (e.g., "Hitler was a confirmed atheist"). Even as eloquent as Dawkins is, you can't get any meaningful commentary in on that format.

Tyler DiPietro said...

God, that video was so bad. I should fucking kill myself for sitting through half of O'Reilly just to watch it. I'm so mad, I'm gonna go abuse my neighbors kids like a good atheist.

ERV said...

Tyler!! You put the TV on mute and play on the internet until you see Dawkins pop up, you dont WATCH the damn show! ROFL!!!

I feel better- I took Arnie on another run to make up for the lost gym time.

The Factician said...

My wife on O'Reilly: "Am I allowed to hate him? I really hate him. Can I hate him?"

I thought Dawkins had his ass handed to him. O'Reilly barely let him speak... Not his best format, I think...

Gerald said...

The Factician:

That's what O'Reilly does to half of his guests. He blathers on and doesn't let them get a word in edgewise, then claims victory in the debate.