Wednesday, March 28, 2007

The King David of Woo

Oh youve seen them all-- the anti-vaxers, the terrorism conspiracy theorists, the Creationists, the crystal healers, the nutrition-is-magic-men, the Deniers, homeopathists, the paranoid Big-Brother watchers, the megalomaniacs, the DaVinci Code decipherers, the prophets and fortune tellers, the ghost/Angel/God whisperers, the sciency 'electromagneticstringtheoryquantumsomething' crap pushers...

Anything. Any kind of woo you can think of, I (more like Reggie) has found him... The Kwisatz Haderach of Woo. And Im going to 'debate' him on HIV this Friday.

Dont say I didnt warn you.

Like, if I didnt know better, I would think that was the woo version of The Onion. I mean, I dont even have to say anything. You all can just click on a page and read a sentence or two yourself to see how deep, how concentrated his guys woo runs.

Well Im gonna go get a bottle of water, put on some tunes, and study up on our Dear Doctor Dentist.

4 comments:

Kristjan Wager said...

WTF? That site is incredible.

For example, I lvoed this part:

His in-depth investigative reports on the anthrax mailings "mystery" moved America's mainstream media to the source of the serial slayings.

That's nice. He is of course aware that those cases are still unsolved, right?

Or on one of the other pages he writes:

"Dr. Leonard G. Horowitz is an internationally known authority in the overlapping fields of public health, behavioral science, emerging diseases, and natural healing."

Funny, I couldn't find any pubmed results on his name. One would expect that such an authority would have a number of published articles.
Oh, and interesting enough, searching "Leonard Horowitz" on google gets about the same number of hits as searching on my name "kristjan wager": 46,800 vs. 42,400 (I spend too much time on the internet). As a comparison, searching on "PZ Myers" gets more than half a million hits.

Chris Harrison said...

Wow. Where do these people come from?

You're a very brave person though--I don't think I could put myself through that junk. Good luck.

Anonymous said...

Damn, the water is sold out. And at only $35 for the 8oz concentrated water (just add water) I could have had 8 gallons. That's still cheaper than buying eviaN at the vending cart.

"Half of the earth is water; our body is three-quarters water. Water represents the interface between the 4th dimension in which we live and the 5th dimensional sphere of our soul. Many studies have shown subtle effects of healers upon hydrogen bonding and infrared absorption of water. None of these scientific studies can compare with the beauty and clear messages shown by Dr. Emoto's elegant work. The impact of thought and beauty has never before been demonstrated so well."

Wow, can I get that on a shirt?

ERV said...

Kris-- nononono Hes a persecuted martyr, you see. If he published his 'findings' (or worse, sold his 'findings' for anything less than $199.99), then hed be contributing to Big Brothers power.

hehehe And I whoop you all with 1,710,000 hits :P

Chris-- (hehe Kris and Chris) I dont know where they come from, but it is my (and your, and our) responsibility to make sure otherwise sane humans dont follow these people back to their lairs.
Cant just be a scientist in your lab-- gotta help educate your fellow man :)

Anon-- I know! Its poetic, in a word salad sorta way!