Thursday, February 22, 2007

Why are the comments disabled?

If youre masochistic enough to watch these two videos, give me a call. We could have some fun.

Creationist Gas-Bag #1

Creationist Gas-Bag #2

Theyve disabled comments, so feel free to vent here if you need to.


Gerald said...

Holy crap, I can't believe I watched those. Not really anything I haven't heard before, but it's sad(not really) that these arguments are the best the Disco Institute can come up with. Here are a few that stood out for me.

I like how West called Darwin Day a "grassroots fundamentalists darwinian" movement. I guess someone is forgeting about a little thing known as the Wedge Document. Can you say projection everyone? I also liked how he said there was a controversy about evolution. Sure pal, not in the scientific world. And finally, my favorite, he said that alternative theories to evolution have a right to be heard. I agree. So when the IDers actually come up with a testable, falsifiable theory I will support it being taught. They don't seem to be in a hurry to do so.

The great idoit Wells is the best though. If you haven't looked at his books they are a real treat. They same old tired creationist claims. Even in the video he used them. Data from fossils and molecular evidence are shoehorned to fit evolution. No beneficial mutations. No new species. And last but not least, nothing in biology or medicine owes anything to studying evolution.

These people are afraid that there worldview is slowly fading away. So by lying and keeping people ignorant they hope to keep their faith alive.

ERV said...

I could be sympathetic for a scared True Believer.

But I think ID Creationists are either insane (Wells) or con-men (West, Harrub, etc).

Gerald said...

Wasn't Wells a Moonie who claims that the Rev. Moon sent him to college just so he could get an advanced degree so he could use his Ph.D. as an argument from authority to make anti evolution arguments? I'm pretty sure he was.